Friday, June 5, 2015

They Need Help!

                                                                 by
                                  Samantha Kaye C. Pablo
                                              May 1, 2015

Sam wrote this poem in class, in response to poems with a social message, notably Janet S. Wong's "Speak up." 


              Looking outside my window
       I saw a boy outside. I checked
       what he was doing. A trash can
       did I see. He picked a can 
       from a noodle soup treat.

             A bottle with no water.
       He opened it right up, shook
       it toward his dry lips, on the drooling
       hungry mouth. I sighed and wondered.

             What other things does he do, to try
       to live every day. Imagine all the food he
       eats from a dirty garbage can. All the heat
       they go through, to search and beg for food.

              They need to go to church, they'll 
        love it there. But how can I convince them?
                        How can I help? 

No comments:

Post a Comment