Friday, June 5, 2015

I Was Lost in the Big Z00!

                                                                            by 
                                     Samantha Kaye C. Pablo
                                     Free Writing, April 11, 2015
       

Free writing is an activity which allows young and grown-up writers to "let it go."  It's a brainstorming technique if one is blank. It's a trick which allows a writer to write freely, without worrying about structure, grammar, vocabulary, spelling, and even the language(s) used. One can definitely switch from English to Tagalog or Cebuano or Ilongo... This free writing activity was prompt-driven: "I was lost in the big zoo." 


I was lost in the big zoo. It was already dark and scary. I tried to trace my trail back but I ended up in the same place I started. 

The time was going slowly, then I heard a loud BANG! That's when I figured the gates were locked and I was stuck inside. I screamed, "HELP!"  But no one replied. 

It became darker and darker by the moment. I noticed a sound and looked back. No one was there. I suddenly saw a huge shadow on the zoo wall. It grew and grew until I saw a lion and a tiger. I saw it look at me.

Then they started running after me. Then I pinched myself and woke up, only to find myself tucked in my bed and safe. But as I took off my covers, I found a stuffed toy tiger and lion. My eyes widened, then I went back to sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment